As I will be turning 29 next Wednesday (on the 29th!) and because I have a lot of favourite things haha, I thought it would be fun to share 29 of my favourite things and you’ll get a chance to know a little bit more about me. 🙂
1. Photography- I’ve taken photos since I was a kid with disposable cameras or cheap film cameras (makes me feel so old!), but it wasn’t until high school that I developed (pun totally not intended) a passion for photography. I have been lucky to photograph some amazing events such as the TV Week logie awards in 2008 and the Stampede country music festival…I even had a few photos published in local newspapers!
2. Writing- Again from a young age writing was something I loved to do, in English class I would get so excited when we were asked to write short stories as homework. I started studying Journalism at Uni a few years ago, but dropped out because my focus has changed. I am now working on comedy writing. I applied for NBC Universal’s Late Night Writers workshop early this year and I was unsuccessful this time, but I am not giving up!
3. Reading YA Literature- I am not ashamed to admit that I enjoy reading novels that are not exactly written for my demographic. Some of my favourites are The Hunger games series, Lauren Conrad’s L.A candy novels and The Intern by Gabrielle Tozer.
4. Being creative
5. Going to the beach
6. Wrapping gifts
Favourite TV shows
8. The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon- I became an instant fan of the show when I first came across an ‘Ew!’ clip on Youtube in May last year. Jimmy Fallon has been hosting the Tonight show for more than a year and the show just keeps getting better. There has been some amazing moments this year! I can’t wait to hopefully see a show in person one day.
9. The Ellen Show- Ellen and Jimmy are my two favourite hosts! I was lucky to see Ellen in person when she filmed segments for her show in Melbourne a couple of years ago. I hope to see her show in LA one day too.
10. Late Night with Seth Meyers
11. Sex and The City
13. Pretty Little Liars
14. Gossip Girl
16. Breakfast at Tiffany’s- Hands down my most favourite movie ever! Such a classic film. I love Audrey Hepburn. Every time I hear ‘Moon River’ it reminds me of this movie. It’s also one of the reasons I own a camel coloured trench coat!
17. My Best Friend’s Wedding
18. The Devil Wears Prada
19. Mean Girls
20. Wedding Date- Another wedding themed movie that has one of my favourte actors in it, Dermot Mulroney!
22. Liar Liar
23. Fever Pitch (released as A Perfect Catch here in Australia)- Originally I watched it just because Jimmy Fallon is in it, but I ended up loving the movie…even though Baseball isn’t really popular here.
24. Drop Dead Fred (a childhood favourite)
Other Favourite things
25. New York- It may sound weird that I love somewhere I haven’t even been yet, but I just know that it is my kind of city! I love Melbourne CBD and heard many people (who have been to both NYC and Melb) compare it to NYC…I do also hear people say ‘you obviously have never been to New York, if you compare it to Melbourne’ but it depends on your own experiences.
26. My two doggies
27. My Family and friends
29. Laughing uncontrollably
What are some of your favourite things? let me know in the comments