Christmas is fast approaching (12 days away!), so time is running out to buy your loved ones the perfect gifts! Here are some of my favourite beauty gift ideas for Christmas 2016.
Seeing as it’s the 12th, I was going to post every day like a 12 days of Christmas thing, but with how crazy things get here preparing for Christmas day, I’ll have to see how I go
Beauty gift ideas- Makeup
1. *’The Wanderer’ 4 piece travel set, $24.95 from Ulta3 – This set is great for the traveller and beauty lover. Included in the set is an Ulta3 strobing kit, liquid shine lip colour in ‘Shiny’, luggage tag and sleep mask.
2. *OPI Breakfast at Tiffany’s ‘I believe in Manicures’ Duo, $29.95 from Myer- I’m a big fan of Audrey Hepburn and am sure there are many of others that are too. I own a few OPI polishes and they’re great! The duo pack includes two full-size OPI nail polishes in ‘I Believe in Manicures’ (Tiffany Blue) and ‘Black Dress Not Optional’ (black), also a cute cosmetic bag with ‘I believe in Manicures’ written on it.
3. W7 The Cheeky Trio cheek kit, $9.99 from Chemist Warehouse. There are quite a few ‘contour’ palettes that were released this yeah, but this one from W7 is included in my beauty gift guide because there’s a decent amount of product for only $10! I can’t say much for the wear yet, but I liked the swatches. They are a little on the powdery side, but they feel very soft too.
Beauty gift ideas- Tools
1. *EcoTools Boho Luxe Duo Brush Set, $49.99 from EcoTools – Another great gift for the traveler, this brush set has all the brushes you need for on the go. Set includes double ended foundation/concealer brush, double ended powder/blush brush, double ended eye shading/angled liner brush and a cosmetic bag.
2. Double Trouble Contour Duo Brush set, $14.95 from Sportsgirl – These style of brushes have become popular over the last couple of years, but they can be quite expensive. I had trouble finding affordable ones in-store until I came across these at Sportsgirl. The synthetic fibers are densely packed so pick up a lot of product and can be used to ‘buff’ in your foundation or concealer. I love that they’re also in the trending shade for 2016, Rose Gold! .
3. Real Techniques 6 Miracle sponge set, $49.99 from Priceline – This set isn’t the one pictured obviously (because there’s only 4 sponges pictured), but I’ve used them as example to show you what you get. Included are 2x Miracle complexion sponge (orange), 3x Miracle mini eraser sponge (purple) and a Miracle sculpting sponge (Pink)
beauty gift ideas- stocking fillers
1. Sinful Colors sinful shine with Gel Tech nail polish- ‘Kyrptonite’ from the King Kylie Signature collection $3.47 and top coat, $6.95 from Priceline. You can’t go wrong with nail polish as stocking fillers, there are many colours to choose from at affordable prices! I actually prefer the Sinful Colors gel polishes to Sally Hansen in terms of wear (more about that to come in a comparison post soon.)
2. *Revo lip balm twist in Strawberry, $4.99 from Chemcorp International – Most lip balms that say they are ‘flavoured’ hardly have any flavour at all, but Revo even puts Lipsmacker to shame in that department! Lip balm is a great stocking filler for and age. Adults can now enjoy cute full-flavoured lip balm without the kiddy packaging. They come in 4 different flavours including Watermelon and Coconut.
3. *Body Fantasies signature body spray in Japanese Cherry Blossom, $7.99 from Chemcorp International – This scent is really nice, sweet but not too sweet (my mum eyed it off as soon as she saw it haha), it smelled strong without the alcohol smell some body sprays have. At $7.99 super affordable too. They come in 6 different fragrances including ‘Vanilla’ and ‘Pink Sweet Pea’
Do you like to get all your gift buying done in advance? or are you a last minute kinda shopper? I always plan to start early, but end up buying gifts right up until a couple days before Christmas Eve!