October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month, raising money to support the National Breast Cancer Foundation to find not only a cure, but also prevention of Breast cancer.
The NBCF’s vision is to achieve zero deaths from Breast cancer by 2030. They receive no government funding, so they must rely on the public’s support to fund research into finding prevention and a cure by the best scientists in Australia. Acording to the NBCF, 38 Australians are diagnosed each day and eight are losing their battle!
This cause really hits home with me, as my late grandmother was diagnosed with Breast cancer. I will always support the NBCF not only because of her, but also for future generations of women.
The funds raised in 2011 came to a total of $74, 931, 788! You can show your support by purchasing from a huge range of Pink merchandise or donating directly through the NBCF.
Here are some of my favourite Pink products (with proceeds going to the NBCF of course!) that will suit every budget.
1. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (200ml) $110- The cult classic has been released as a limited edition especially for National Breast Cancer Awareness month! It has cute little charms on the bottle and $20 from every bottle sold goes to the NBCF! Available from selected Myer and David Jones counters from today, Sept 30.
2. Bobbi Brown Limited Edition Pink Peony set $70- This set includes a Pink Peony Illuminating Bronzer and a Mini Face Blender Brush. I love the pink handle on the brush and one of my favourite flowers is the Peony! $14 from each set sold gets donated to the NBCF. They are available from Bobbi Brown counters nation wide and from www.bobbibrown.com.au while stocks last!
3.Guess Watches Sparkling Pink 2012 &359RRP- This is a gorgeous watch by Guess and the little pink accents are noticeable, but not over the top to say ‘hey, look at my pink watch’. 10% from every sale will be donated to the NBCF and because this is a Limited edition release from Guess, it is available while stocks last!
4. Limited Edition pink Volleys $35- I love Volleys! They are comfortable shoes at a reasonable price point. These limited edition pink pairs have the NBCF pink ribbon on the inside lining of them and have pretty pink heart laces too! $1 from each sale will be donated and they are available from Volley or possibly Target as well, but you will have to check your local Target store first.
5. Miss Ruby Legwear from $18 a pair- It may not be winter anymore, but if the weather is going to be as cold as it was yesterday in Melbourne, you are going to want a pair of tights to wear! They are made in the UK and come in four different styles to choose from (all pink). There are stars, polka dots, plain and footless. Available from Miss Ruby Legwear, with 15% of all sales going to the NBCF.
6. OPI Pink Of Hearts 2012 $24.95 for a set of 2 bottles- I saw these sets in David Jones last week and they are such pretty shades! I will definitely be getting a set (even though I already own way too many polishes!) The set includes a light musk pink- ‘I Think In Pink’ and glittery pink- ‘You Glitter Be Good to Me’. 100% of profit from their sale goes to the NBCF! (how awesome is that? way to go OPI!). The set is available from David Jones stores, selected beauty salons and spas.
Of course there are many more products that you can purchase to help support National Breast Cancer Awareness month like , Greens ‘pink’ cupcakes & pancake mix, A range of Pink Dove products and pink gift boxes of Chocolatier chocolates!
Will you be purchasing any pink products this year, or perhaps taking part in your own ‘girls night in’ during October? let me know in the comments, I’d love to hear from you!
XO XO Evelyn
Stats from NBCF