Pink Lemonade always reminds me of Summer…a tall icey cold glass of pink lemonade, so refreshing! It inspired me to do a simple nail tutorial.
What you will need:
- ‘lemon’ coloured nail polish, I’ve used Rimmel London 60 Seconds nail colour in 450 Sunny Days
- Any pink nail polish, I’ve used Bourjois 10 days nail enamel in 26 (no longer available because it was a limited edition shade)
- Some Fimo fruit slices, I picked up a container of them for under $2 on Ebay (just search for ‘Fimo Fruit’)
- A clear top coat, I’ve used Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top Coat
- Nail polish remover or remover wipes, I used Lacura Beauty Nail varnish remover pads (from Aldi)
Pink Lemonade nails
First apply the yellow polish as a base. One coat only, as the pink is going over this. The top coat makes it three layers of polish. This is all you need, so you don’t end up with a gloopy mess on your nails!
Next put a few small drops of the pink nail polish at the base of a nail. Using the clear base coat slowly (and carefully) bring some of the pink up the yellow, creating kind of a ombre or tie-die effect.
On your ring finger (aka ‘accent nail’) stick on a slice of lemon from your Fimo fruit, then finish it off with a little more top coat.
Use your nail polish remover (or pads) to wipe off the pink polish on your top coat brush.
I hope you enjoyed my Pink Lemonade nail tutorial
XO XO Evelyn