I wasn’t planning of putting together a Best dressed Oscars list, but how could I not with all the old-Hollywood style gowns!
The 85th Academy Awards red carpet was a plethora of elegant gowns, from form-fitting metallic to extravagant almost bride-like ball gowns!
Being the ‘girly girl’ that I am, it was a hard choice to pick just 5 favourites out of all the gorgeous gowns on the Red carpet because I just love the old-Hollywood style glamor!
Best Dressed Oscars 2013: My Top 5
1. Jennifer Lawrence- One of the gowns that looked like it could be a wedding dress, but I loved it regardless! I’ve always had a soft spot for Dior’s designs (even though I most likely never be able to afford a piece) and Jennifer looked stunning in this Champagne hued Dior Haute Couture gown! Was the hem line too long? Judging by her face-plant on the stairs of the stage, I would say yes!
2. Amy Adams- As soon as I saw this Oscar de la Renta gown, it reminded me (a little) of the 2nd last episode of Sex and the City (American Girl In Paris pt1)…if you remember this Versace dress. Some did not like the ‘ruffles’, but I thought they worked well!
3. Jennifer Aniston- I love ‘classic’ dresses and this is very much classic old-Hollywood glamor! I’m a sucker for full-skirted dresses and this Valentino gown is gorgeous in its simplicity…had it been covered in ‘details’ it would have been OTT (over the top) because of its bold shade. I wish she had done something with her hair!
4. Catherine Zeta Jones- There were a few metallic gowns that I wasn’t a huge fan of, but this gold Zuhair Murad gown blew me away! I love the detail and the mix of beads and delicate fabric!
5. Reese Witherspoon- Strapless gowns seemed to be popular this year! Another Valentino, I love this gorgeous royal blue and the black accents. Reese’s hair is my favourite of the night, classic glamorous waves always look great! It’s simple, but sleek.
While I wasn’t a fan of Anne Hathaway’s silk Prada gown, I thought it was worth a mention that I loved her Tiffany & Co. jewellery and swept pixie cut- She is my hair inspiration at the moment, as my hair is the same length and she wears a pixie cut well! I have included Anne in this post because it makes a good segue into my next post…which will be my version of her Oscars makeup look! 😉
Who was your pick for best dressed for the 2013 Oscars?
XO XO E