I am not one to make New Year’s resolutions because I end up not following though with them by about late January/Early February, so instead I am going to share with you my 2014 blogging resolutions.
Unfortunately, I totally didn’t follow through with my 2013 blogging resolutions, but with a bit of time management and discipline, hopefully next year I will!
1. Create and (try to) stick to a blogging schedule. I have a few ideas on how to achieve this, one being to have a ‘series’ of posts that I post on a certain day every week…hopefully, I will bring back my FOTD Friday posts and maybe my Swatch Saturday posts (they will be less often though)
2. Publish more fashion posts. This was one of my 2013 resolutions, which I failed at…badly. Again, I have an idea how I can try to stick to this. I will be attending my local Westfield’s fashion festivals again next year, but they are only seasonal (about 2 times a year), so I will have to post some other things in between.
3. Buy less makeup and experiment more with looks. Okay, so buying less makeup is kind of a regular resolution, but it relates to my blog too. Experimenting with looks, this was also a blogging resolution that I made last New Year. I still seem to stick to neutral/nude makeup because it is ‘safe’ and easy. A few months ago I did the FoxInFlats red lipstick dare and it really made me want to wear red lipstick more regularly! Which I plan to do in 2014.
4. More makeup tutorials. I do post tutorials on my blog from time to time, but I think I want to start doing more in-depth step by step tutorials (with photos).
5. Actually write up reviews when I mention them. I got into the habit of writing ‘review coming soon’ and then I ended up forgetting or the ‘new’ products were no longer new.
Will you be making any blogging resolutions for 2014? let me know what they are below 🙂
By the way, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Boxing day!
Note: If you choose to do a blogging resolutions post, I don’t mind if you use the graphic above. (It was a free vector image that I added ‘Blogging resolutions’ to)
Great blogging resolutions there Evelyn. Maybe with your blog posts, have a diary handy and write down what you want to write about each day/week. What I usually do is have a clear schedule of the type of posts I write about each week. Eg. Beauty posts are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays are reserved for health/lifestyle type things and Thursdays are for fashion posts. That way all you need to do really is fill in what exactly you want to write about 🙂 Hope that helps. x
Thanks, Norlin 🙂 Great suggestions, thank you! I normally write down ideas, but I don’t really have a set plan for them. Setting out my post for the week (or month even) will be very helpful! xo
Good luck with your resolutions lovely! I can’t wait to see more fashion posts from you, you have beautiful taste! xx
Thank you! the 1st one will be up next week. It was meant to be yesterday, but my camera battery wasn’t charged and this week seems to be going really quickly! xo