Like last year’s Mothers day gift ideas post, I will again be giving a ‘steal’ and a ‘splurge’ option for different types of gifts.
1. Lisa T. Versailles 2 Tier Cake Stand, $18 from Target- Target has released a new range of homewares by Aussie Designer Lisa T. I think this cake stand is gorgeous and it’s surprisingly affordable (as are her other items!) I also really love her new ‘Tuck shop’ collection.
2. Salt & Pepper ‘Dream’ Tea Cup and Saucer in Pink, $14.95 from Myer (currently on sale for $11.21)- I got this exact tea cup and saucer for Christmas last year and I love it! The handle is much larger than a typical tea cup’s and the saucer is in a quirky ‘cut-out’ shape.
3. Salt & Pepper ‘Dream’ Footed Cake Plate with Dome 28cm, $69.95 from Myer (currently on sale for $52.64)- What can I say, I love the Salt & Pepper homeware brand especially their pastel coloured items! This cake plate would look great displayed on a bench and would look even better with a yummy cake under the dome.
4. Flamingo Tea Cup and Saucer, $85 from T2- This beautiful cup and saucer is made of bone china and there has only been 500 of them made! (even more special to give mum). Each cup is stamped with a number and is presented in a sleek black box.
1. NYX Turn The Other Cheek Gift box, $39 from Target (currently on sale for $27.30)- I think this a great palette for the price. It has warm neutral shades, including 15 eye shadows, 4 matte and pearl blushes and 3 illuminators.
2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Collection, $29.95 from Myer- Great for mum’s who like to wear different lipstick shades for different occasions. Colours included are ‘Kissable Pink’, ‘Rich Girl Red’ and ‘Fuchsia Shock’.
3. Estee Lauder Mother’s Day Makeup Set, $75 from Myer*- This set includes Advanced Night Repair serum, a eyeshadow palette containing 8 beautiful shades, Full-sized lipstick and lip gloss, nail lacquer, sample size Sumptuous Extreme Lash multiplying volume mascara and compact mirror. All in a gorgeous pink and beige colour block tote bag. I was kindly gifted this collection by Estee Lauder and I must say that looks beautiful and definitely worth the $75! (it’s value is over $210!) The pink lipstick and lip gloss aren’t too bright, so they would definitely suit a lot of mums’ different preferences and the tote bag would be perfect to take shopping. It feels pretty sturdy.
4. Madagascan Vanilla Picnic Case, $49.95 from The Body Shop- I featured this scent in my mothers day gift ideas post last year and I am featuring it again this year because they have released new gift sets and it’s just a beautiful scent. It’s sweet without being too sugary sweet. I also love the cute little carry case that the products come in!
Scents for the home
1. Sweet Treats Fragrance Diffuser set ‘Cotton candy’, $29.95 from Urban Rituelle- Okay, so I might be slightly biased because Cotton Candy is my favourite Urban Rituelle fragrance, but if this reed diffuser smells anything like their soy wax candle, then your (or your mum’s) house will smell so yummy!
2. Woodwick Wine Country Mini Jar Scented Candle, $19.95 from Candelabra.com.au
– While I don’t own any woodwick candles (yet), I love the idea of them. Their wick that’s made out of wood (hence the name) crackles like a log on the fire!
3. Glasshouse limited edition ‘Birds Of a Feather’ triple scented candle, $42.95 from Peter Alexander and other stockists- I haven’t been able to smell this candle yet, as it’s sold out at my local PA store (and online) but it sounds like it would be amazing. The scent is Pink Lemonade, which includes notes of Grapefruit, Cherry and Lemon. 5% from the RRP also goes to the McGrath Foundation.
4. Artisan Mood Reed- White Breeze, $49.95 from Dusk- The Artisan products from dusk are perfection. $50 may sound like a lot of money for a reed diffuser, but they are worth it! When I first saw them, the store manager (of my local store) was explaining to me how great their scent throw is and that you smell them as soon as you walk through the door.
Are you doing anything special for your mum this Sunday?
Happy Mother’s day in advance to all the mum’s (including my mum) & grandmothers. I hope you all have a lovely day.
Great post, Evelyn! I love all your pics (particularly the steals though haha) xx
Jasmine recently posted…Bio Elixia Body Shaper Stretch Mark Diminishing Creme *
Thanks! Haha yeah, bargains are always good 🙂
They are indeed great ideas for our moms. I think I will pick from the beauty section. The Estee Lauder gift set seems a nice one.