On the September cover of Myer’s mybeauty catalogue Jennifer Hawkins is sporting a gorgeous sun-kissed makeup look by Yves Saint Laurent. Her makeup artist- Natasha Severino.
Not everyone can afford to go out and buy every YSL product featured in this look, so I am going to show you how to re-create the same look using products that are a little more budget friendly.
I carefully selected products that are similar to the YSL products used for the shoot.
My makeup look
1. First apply L’Oreal Lumi Magique Light-reflecting foundation (I used N1 Pure Pearl) all over your face, making sure you blend well around the hair-line and down the neck.
There isn’t a lot of illuminating foundations currently on the market (especially in supermarket or ‘drugstore’ brands), but I thought that L’Oreal Lumi Magique is the closest product to YSL’s Touche Éclat foundation that you can get from a more affordable brand.
2. Use L’Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighter (I used 01 Light) as a concealer under the eyes, at the sides of the nose and on the chin, as pictured below. If you have ‘expression lines’ at the sides of your mouth, you can use the highlighter along them too. A good way to remember where to use the highlighter is to imagine a inverted triangle from the outside corner of your eyes to your chin. Pat (not rub) it on with your finger.
The Lumi Magique highlighter reminds me so much of the iconic YSL Touche Éclat- radiant touch concealer/illuminator, especially with it’s shinny metallic packaging! I also own the YSL illuminator and I definitely see why it is a cult beauty product!
3. For Jen’s look the gold shadow from the YSL Pure Chromatics Wet and Dry eyeshadow palette (#6) was used. I decided to use the Maybelline color tattoo cream gel shadow in 45 Bold Gold. Apply from the lash-line to the socket line (blending out the socket line a little)
4. Apply liquid eyeliner along the upper lash-line only (I used Maybelline Master Precise liquid liner in Blackest black). If you have small eyes, only use eyeliner on half your lash-line (from the middle to the outer corners), making it a little wider on the outer corners, this will make eyes appear larger.
5. For the mascara, I used Australis Muti mega lash in blackest black. Apply only to the upper lashes for this look and only one coat. (you want natural looking lashes)
6. Contour the cheekbones and temples with a dusty rose coloured blush. (I have used Face Of Australia blush in Primrose) You don’t want too use too much blush, so tap off any excess that you have on your blush brush.
I haven’t used this blush before. It is quite powdery, as it contains Talc but it worked okay for this look.
7. To finish off the look apply a matte red lipstick. (I used Kit Cosmetics matte lipstick in Big Spender) Then blot with a tissue for staying power.
Even though it doesn’t look like it in the photos (different lighting), Kit Cosmetic’s ‘Big Spender’ is pretty much a dupe for YSL Rouge Per Couture matt in #203! I swatched so many different matte red lipsticks (in Myer) to get the perfect match, that my hand was covered in red stripes!
The finished look
The products I used:
L’Oreal Lumi Magique Light-reflecting foundation in N1 Pure Pearl- $33.95 (I got it on sale for $27.16)
L’Oreal Lumi Magique Highligher in 01 Light- $27.95 (I got it on sale for $22.36)
Maybelline color tattoo cream gel eyeshadow in 45 Bold Gold- $11.95
Maybelline Master Precise liner in blackest black- $13.95
Australis Muti Mega Lash in blackest black- $12.95
Face of Australia blush in Primrose-$9.45
Kit cosmetics matte lipstick in Big Spender- $24.95
If you want to check out some behind the scenes footage from Jennifer Hawkins’ cover shoot or purchase any of the YSL products featured. You can find the video and products used on the Myer site under Beauty.
The Products used on Jennifer Hawkins:
Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation- $78
Touche Éclat Illumanitor #3.5- $55
Eyeliner Automatique #01- 59
Pure Chromatics Wet and Dry eyeshadow palette #6 (gold)- $90
Shocking Mascara in Pure black- $52
Rouge Pur Couture Matt lipstick in #203- $50
With the brown shadow used on Jen’s eyebrows, from a different Pure Chromatics palette (not mentioned/pictured), that brings the total for the whole look to almost $500!
If you have gotten this far…thank you! I know, it’s a bit of a long post!
XO XO Evelyn
Disclosure: All products that I have used in this post have been purchased myself. I am in no way affiliated with Yves Saint Laurent or Myer. All opinions expressed are my own honest opinions.