With less than a week left of winter, I thought I would show you what’s on my wishlist from this year’s Spring and Summer trends.
Some of the Autumn and Winter 2012 trends seem to have carried over into Spring and Summer, which I think is great! It means you can wear pieces from last season, while still being on trend.
1. Peplum, Ally Fashion Cut out shoulder peplum top (no longer available) $24.99- Peplums were a popular trend in Autumn/Winter 2012, the trend is also carrying on into Spring and Summer. Not only do I love peplums, but I absolutely love the colour of this top! The colour is described as being ‘Fuchsia’ but I think of it more as a neon purple.
2. Pastels, Forever New Alyssa Sweetheart Dress $129.99- Pastels is my favourte trend for Spring/Summer 2012/13! While Forever New can be expensive, they have some gorgeous clothes and are great quality too, so you know you are getting your money’s worth!
3. Floral/prints, Forever New Piper skater skirt $59.99- I have an obsession with Skater dresses and this skirt is SO me. I am not a huge fan of florals, but I like this skirt because I can balance out the florals by wearing a top in a block colour.
4. Metallic, Wittner Shoes Juci Wedges (silver foil) $119.95- Metallics didn’t seem to be a huge trend for Autumn/Winter 2012, but it was there. I predict that we will see it more in the Spring and Summer trends (especially in shoes or sandals). These wedges are great because they are not break-your-neck high, but will still give you some height.
1. Neon, Colette by Colette Hayman Atlanta Buckle tote (Neon Pink) $54.95- I saw this tote when walking past ‘Colette by Colette Hayman’ last week with my mum and liked it instantly. It’s great for someone (like me) who’s not sure they can pull off the neon trend with clothing.
2. Neon, Myer- Miss Shop Gold/Neon Lime Pyramid necklace $24.95- It’s a little strange that this necklace is listed as ‘neon lime’ because in the actual link it says ‘neon chartreuse’ (which is a colour half-way between yellow and green BTW). Again, it’s perfect for someone who wants a bit of neon in the outfit without it being to over the top!
3. Pastel, Colette by Colette Hayman Clamop spotty bangle (available in Blue, Pink and Purple) $7.95- I have actually already bought a pink one of these, but I thought that I would still include it on my wishlist. It is hinged, which I think is great because I normally have trouble squeezing bangles over my hand!
4. Metallic, Diva Gold hoop earring $4.99- Gold earrings for $5, enough said!
5. Tuxedo Trend, The Iconic- Smith Street Plain Bow Tie $29.00- The tuxedo trend is another trend that has continued on from AW 2012! Channel your inner Janelle Monae and wear a bow tie! I am loving the tux trend and I will definitely be wearing it over the next season! (Blog post to come soon)
What Spring and summer trends are your favourites? will you be brave enough to go neon? or do you prefer the macaron coloured pastels?
XO XO Evelyn
8 thoughts on “Spring and Summer trends- my wishlist”