I have 14 days left of my 60 day (beauty) spending ban, so I thought it would make the homestretch a little easier if I made a post spending ban wishlist.
There would be no point in doing a spending ban, if I was going to go and buy a heap of stuff after it, so this is a wishlist of a couple of items I’ve had my eye on during my spending ban (and resisted) and a few more expensive items that I can save for.
Products I have resisted during the spending ban
1. Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in ‘Tok-I-O’- As soon as I saw this on Australis’ instagram, I knew that I had to have it! I own very few purple lip products, so this will be one of the first things I will buy post spending ban!
2. Maybelline Color Whisper in ’95 Mad For Magenta’- I bought one color whisper just before I started my spending ban, but didn’t actually wear it until a bit later. I loved it as soon as I wore it and knew I had to pick up another (or 2) after my spending ban.
3. Essie nail color in ‘Mint Candy Apple’- I have wanted this Essie shade since Priceline started selling the brand! Unfortunately every store I have been to, it is always sold out so I may be waiting a while to get my hands on this one!
4. Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse in ‘081 Fair Ivory’- A few weeks a go I saw the TV commercial for this foundation and saw that they have really pale shades. I thought ‘finally a drugstore brand that finally has a shade pale enough for me!’ and when I swatched them last week…I was so excited by this product! This was the hardest product not to buy during my spending ban! I could easily wear fair ivory or ivory (they’re very close in shades, Ivory is a tiny bit darker)
5. Concealer (not pictured)- I was looking for concealer the other day and realised that I don’t have any…at all! The last one I had started to smell funny, so I threw it out.
Products that I want to save money for
1. Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-con No.7- Plush Shadow in ‘The Tease 202’- When I heard that Marc Jacobs was releasing a beauty line, I was excited to check the products out. Unfortunately (as far as I know) they aren’t available in Australia, so if I want something I will have to use a mail forwarding service from Sephora. I love the look of this palette, but because using a mail forwarding service can be expensive, I may not ever own this….unless I decide to do a large order from Sephora.
2. Nars blushes in ‘Gaiety and Luster’- I have wanted these blushes for ages, but can’t justify paying $45 (from Mecca Cosmetica) for just one blush, although I may eventually get one or both from KissandmakeupNYC for $29 each. Which I think is still a lot to pay for just one blush!
3. Benefit Count Down To Love advent calender- I really want this, but as it’s $99 here in Australia, I will have to really cut back on my beauty spending if I do get it.
I didn’t end up posting a FOTD Friday post yesterday, but I will update you one my spending ban progress. I am happy to say that I did not buy any makeup/beauty product since last Friday! (despite looking at makeup stands in a few different stores last week)
Great picks! There are some items on your list that I want too! I really want the Marc Jacobs ‘Lolita’ palette but it is just so expensive, maybe I can persuade someone to buy it for me! The Advent Calender by Benefit is something I saw recently and want as well but its so much for expensive to buy it here than on the website which is $69!
I also agree with the Essie issue, all the popular colours never seem to be in stock!
triedandtestedblogger recently posted…The Newest Faces Of Beauty
Thanks! yeah, they are a little pricey…I’m hoping I can get the advent calender from their site! if not, I may have to give it a miss.
Well done on staying strong! Loving the look of the Advent Calendar but I’ve resisted so far (despite being in MYER and having it IN FRONT OF ME) because I know that a) I have half the products and b) the other half won’t really show up on my skintone.
It’s great value though, considering that the minis last forever!
I’m planning another Sephora order soon and I’m debating getting something from NARS, so I feel your pain! I love the look of the Marc Jacobs collection, and especially that eye palette, but I don’t think $70 is justified for a single shadow palette.
The Made Up Maiden recently posted…An Eles Makeup Look.
Thanks! Wish I could say the same for this week haha spent my priceline voucher and picked up a couple more items
The Benefit Advent calendar is $68 on their US site (which ship internationally) but unfortunately it won’t be back in-stock until Nov 17, so it wouldn’t get here before Dec 1 🙁 Might give it a miss
The palette is $59 directly from Sephora…for some reason it’s $72 on Tarazz! Still expensive and unless I made a huge order with other stuff or made an order with another blogger, by the time I pay for mail forwarding, it would be way too expensive.
Wow well done, you only have a small amount of time left! So exciting! I know you’ll love the purple Velourlips because I have it, and love it!
A real shame about the Benefit Advent Calendar 🙁
Jasmine recently posted…My Benefit Haul
Thanks! I bought the Velourlips with my priceline voucher…shh lol Haven’t tried it yet though. I did swatch it though and it stayed on my hand for ages!
The Mint Candy Apple is usually out of stock at my Priceline store too. I can’t wait ’till it’s finally available ❣
I saw it at Myer today and was tempted to get it…but I don’t like paying more than I have to on Nail Polish lol