I can’t believe it’s July already! It really does seem like the last few months just flew by…My birthday is in July, so I thought I would share what’s on my birthday wish list for this year.
If you follow me on social media, you will already know I plan to be publishing 29 posts in 29 days…it’s going to be tough, but I’m up for the challenge! I thought I would set myself this ‘challenge’ because 1. I don’t post on my blog as frequent as I should/want to and 2. I turn 29 on the 29th and that will never happen again in my lifetime!
On my birthday wishlist there are 5 realistic items and 5 that are not so realistic, that I may have to win the lottery before I could buy them, as a gift to myself.
I have added links to where you can find some the featured items, in case you want to pick them up yourself! (Some of the items are only available in Australia, sorry)
5 realistic birthday wishlist items
1. Multi Minions Lace Up Kicks, $39.99 from Jay Jays (sold out online)- I was shopping with my mum a couple of weeks ago and spotted these just as I was walking up to the counter at Jay jays. Finally cute printed shoes that aren’t only for kids! (I’m looking at you Kmart!) I would have bought them as soon as I saw them, but they only had Size 9 & 10 left, I’m a size 8! 🙁
2. Crabtree & Evelyn, ‘Evelyn Rose’ Hand Therapy, $10 for 25g from Crabtree & Evelyn (Aussie site), for the US $9USD from Crabtree & Evelyn (US site)- I’m the type of person that will buy something because it literally has my name on it (I have a top from Review called the ‘Evelyn’ top!), but it helps that the ‘Evelyn Rose’ smells amazing too. I love the Hand Therapy moisturisers, I own a couple…but I haven’t picked up this one yet.
3. Killing Monica by Candace Bushnell, RRP $29.99 (currently on sale for $22.99) from Dymocks, for the US from Barnes & Noble, Amazon etc.- The newest novel by the writer of Sex and The City, Candace Bushnell. I already own her SATC book and The Carrie Diaries and loved reading both of them. I knew I wanted this book as soon as I read the blurb online.
4. Bright Side Cosmetic Bag- ‘Real Life Photoshop for my face’ from Wild Cards and Gifts (in-store only), for the US from Amazon– I was at my local ‘Wild’ store to pick up a gift for a friend recently and this cosmetic bag made me laugh as soon as I saw it, I can’t remember how much it was though (I’ll update it here, when I go there again)
5. Ciate Blush Pop in ‘Girls Night Out’ (Pink), $28 from MECCA, for the US $19USD from Sephora – I own so many blushes already (It’s probably the makeup product I have the most of), but this ‘blush pop’ really caught my eye while browsing on the MECCA site. I like that it’s domed and that you can apply it straight to your face. It’s a cream formula too, so it will blend easily.
5 not so realistic Birthday Wishlist items
1. Kitchenaid Platinum Collection stand mixer- Raspberry ice, $849 from Myer- I have wanted a Kitchenaid stand mixer for years, but unfortunately it’s a fair way out of my price range! Maybe one day if I win the lottery, I’ll be able to buy one!
2. Review ‘All Aboard Dress’, $279.99 AUD, from Review (they ship internationally too!)- This dress is one of Review’s newest designs. I loved it as soon as I saw the photos of it on the Review Facebook page. The vintage style is gorgeous! I am fortunate to own a few Review pieces, I love their designs so much and if I could afford it, my wardrobe would be full of their clothing!
3. Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Eau de Parfum 50ml, $159 from David Jones, for the US $115 for 1.7 Oz. from Saks Fifth Avenue- I already a lot of perfume, but all are uniquely different, so what’s one more to your ‘fragrance wardrobe’, right? I adore this scent! It’s not totally a gourmand fragrance (sweet/edible), but it does smell almost good enough to eat! with it’s base note of caramel and other notes such as peach, blackcurrant and tangerine. Not to mention the cute bow bottle, I think that’s what won me over the most! I’m a sucker for pretty or cute packaging.
4. The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon Hashtag the Panda Stuffed Animal, $24.95USD from the NBC Universal store (Available from July 27th, 2015)- I know $24.95 isn’t exactly expensive, but with the low Aussie dollar at the moment and $34.94USD postage, it’s works out to over $75AUD! Definitely not worth it for one stuffed animal!…Hopefully they’ll still be available when I finally go to NYC.
5. American Tourister Prismo Hard Spinnercase Medium 65cm Magenta, RRP $299 from Myer (currently on sale for $149.50)- I already own a Magenta 55cm (carry on) Prismo case and I’d love a slightly larger one for when I (hopefully) head to NYC next year. Unfortunately somehow one of the little lugs on the handle snapped off, so it’s difficult to retract the handle…but in saying that, I still absolutely love it! I have used it so many times on short trips up to Melbourne, the ‘spinner’ wheels make it so easy to pull along, especially over the bumps that are on the train platforms! Also, because it isn’t made of fabric, it is a lot sturdier than past luggage I’ve owned.
There seems to be a clear theme here…yes, I like pink/magenta!
What is on your birthday wishlist this year? or if it you’ve already had your birthday, how about next year?
Come back tomorrow to read post 2 of my 29 posts in 29 days