We are about half way through Spring here in Australia and with the weather finally warming up a bit in Victoria, I thought I would share some of my favourite Spring Fashion trends for 2014.
White was one of the main trends during Winter/Autumn this year and I am happy to see that it’s sticking around for Spring/Summer once again (it was also a trend in Spring/Summer 2013). White worn close to your face is flattering on anyone and because it reflects the light/heat, it’s much cooler on warmer days too. Below are some of my new season picks for the ‘White’ trend.
1. Bronte Structured Tote in White: $49.95 from Colette by Colette Hayman
2. Hester lace peplum cami top- Porcelain: $39.99 from Forever New
3. Cadet Heels in White Leather: $169.95 from Wittner Shoes
4. Enamel Waterfall Earrings in White: $9.95 from Colette by Colette Hayman
5. Runway to Rack Full Skirt in White: $89 from Target
Many shades of blue are popping up for spring 2014: Navy, china blue and cornflower blue are just a few of them. We all know what Navy blue looks like, but in case you didn’t know… I would describe China blue as being a mid-toned powder-blue and cornflower blue is a medium-to-light blue, also the colour of the petals on cornflower blooms. Check out some of my favourite pieces below.
1. Floral Print Wrap Neck Peplum Dress: $39.99 from Ally Fashion
2. City Dressing Drape Front Top in Blue: $35 from Target
3. Mars platform heel in Cobalt: $69.95 from Novo Shoes
4. Jasmine Day Bag in Dusk Blue: $69.99 from Forever New
Anything that has a floral print is a bit of a no-brainer for Spring. From vintage florals in delicate hues to large bright and bold statement prints. Have a go at mixing different prints, perhaps a top with a small print paired with a larger graphic print skirt.
1. Kylie Heels- Pastel Floral: $89.99 from Betts
2. Twist Maxi Dress- Watercolour Floral: $59 from Target
3. Andrea Printed Wrap Skirt- Wild Orchid Print: $79.99 from Forever New
I have always loved a good polka dot print and I actually own a lot of dotty clothing. What is great about this trend, is that there are many different prints/ways to wear dotty print clothing: Large spots, small spots, monochrome and even mixing them with stripes!
1. Sorbet Spot Top in Blue bell: $139.99 from Review
2. City Dressing 7/8 Sateen Pants- Spot: $40 from Target
3. Rebecca Polka Dot Prom Dress in Lake Blue/Porcelain Spot: $99.99 from Forever New
4. Marilyn Peep-toe heel in Hot Pink: $79.95 from Novo Shoes
What trends are you loving this Spring?
These fashion trends are so pretty!!! I like the Blues. I love blue so I choose this set. Love the tops!